Friday, January 18, 2008

upcoming works + sufjan & arcade fire videos

lots of studio work going on lately, which means i might have an update of a new painting soon. i'm really happy with the concept and i think it's one of those "one-out-of-ten" pieces that i'll actually think is strong many years from now.

also, St Ambrose's classes started this week, which means the relationship involving my time and classroom assistance being traded for personal facility use (press/ink/materials) has officially begun. the students all seem really cool and the gig should be mutually beneficial. so... you'll probably see new monotypes posted here in the next month or so. sweet.


for now, here's another video that's out of sorts with my normal punk rock postings.

Romulus
after all his works, still my favorite Sufjan song:






and finally, arcade fire live in NYC:




...Children wake up,
hold your mistake up,
before they turn the summer into dust.

...With my lighnin’ bolts a glowin’
I can see where I am goin’ to be
when the reaper he reaches and touches my hand.

You better look out below.




.

No comments: